Scholarly Article Content Extraction Tool
What it does:
What type of articles it works with:
This Tool helps summarize scholarly articles and reduce the mass of article content,
so that students and researchers can focus on the essential and most important information in the research process and determine more readily which articles best meet your research goals. The user understands that this prototype tool is still under development and is not a final application.
Articles must be complete, research based, scholarly, and in PDF format. Older & image PDF articles may not be extracted properly. Only text contents will be extracted. Images/graphics will not be extracted.
About a Scholarly/Research-based article:
- To report latest research result
- Very long, usually from 8 to 70 pages
- In the article, it has:
- An Abstract
- Authors’ affiliation & contact information
- Research method
- Research result
- Discussion/future directions
- Reference List, Footnote, or Endnotes
Follow the instruction below to extract the key summary from the original scholarly PDF article:
- This Tool does not work with book reviews, art object descriptions, biographies, brief reports, book chapters. These articles are usually short and easy to understand. We may include them in our future development.
- Please report any issues with this Application through this email. Please include the title of the article when reporting the issues.
- Please read the Fair Use Guidelines for CopyRighted Materials before starting to use this tool.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
We provide this prototype application on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Since this prototype tool is still under development, the developers are NOT responsible for any errors in the extracted content.